The Paid Intern is an entry level position designed to provide graduate and undergraduate student with an insider’s view of the realm of international development at IFES. Students who participate in this program will develop essential skills that are not attained in the academic world and enable them to make the transition from academic to professional life. As a junior member of the team, the Paid Intern will provide logistical and administrative support to projects for the Africa regional programs team at IFES. This position is part time.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The general duties of an intern include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting research
- Providing logistical and administrative support on assigned countries/projects
- Assisting in the preparation of weekly home office reports, website updates, and other reports as necessary
- Attending and reporting on internal and external meetings and other discussions about assigned projects
- Assisting with program development in conjunction with the needs of the project and the intern’s skills
- Compiling daily research from academic journals and print media
- Other duties as assigned by division and supervisor
POSITION SCOPE: Provides the support necessary for the team to achieve its goals. Job duties are fairly straight forward and require following common procedures and guidelines. Can manage own workload, time and priorities with close guidance from supervisor so as to facilitate a learning environment per internship guidelines.
DECISION MAKING/PROBLEM SOLVING: Has the knowledge and skills to identify solutions to routine problems. Produces useful ideas or explanations for circumstances, but may need guidance or approval on execution for results.
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY: None. Can assist in or have exposure to preparing routine financial reports and processing routine transaction in compliance with IFES policies and procedures.
RELATIONSHIPS: Maintains collaborative working relationship with team members and other staff within the Division.
See the full job description here.