The Awards are for innovative start-up enterprises that aim to generate environmental, social and economic benefits at the local level. The target applicants are micro, small and medium size enterprises (SMMEs) or initiatives in the start-up phase and that are based on a partnership approach.
The 2017 SAG-SEED Awards are supported by the SWITCH-Africa Green project, which is implemented by UNEP with the assistance of the European Union and South African Awards will be co-financed by the Government of Flanders
- Capacity Building: tailored one-on-one advisory service that offers Winners assistance with their business and financial plan, including a 3-day Business Planning Workshop and three month support from a local expert advisor.
- Tools: self-help tools that enable enterprises prioritize and address their most urgent needs, for example by assisting with market analysis, developing a funding strategy, mapping stakeholder relationships or measuring impact.
- Profiling: SAG-SEED Winners are profiled nationally and regionally through a high-level Awards Ceremony as well as internationally through SEED marketing and promotional activities such as our website, blog and social media channels.
- Network Building: SEED facilitates connections with valuable contacts to support organisations, such as with funders, policy-makers, other enterprises such as SEED Alumni, and SEED Partners and Associates.
SEED Award Winners must:
- demonstrate entrepreneurship and innovation
- deliver economic, social and environmental benefits
- have the intention and potential to become financially sustainable
- be a partnership between different stakeholder groups
- be locally-driven or locally-led
- have potential for scale up or significant replication
- be in the early stages of implementation
How to apply:
Winners must submit an application form either online or email it in PDF form. For more information, visit http://adelph.it/AWARDS2017
Burkina Faso, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, South Africa, Uganda